Here is a delicious bar recipe free of gluten, soy, egg, and dairy.
- 5 Tbsp Dates
- 4 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 4 Tbsp Cashew Butter (I use fresh ground from Whole Foods can also use almond or peanut butters)
- 4 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
- 6 Tbsp Shredded Carrots
- 6 Tbsp Gluten Free Oats
- 3 Tbsp Rice Bran (optional)
- 3 Tbsp Ground Flax Seeds or Chia Seeds
**Note: sometimes have to add more dates or cashew butter – make sure that you chop the dates fine before adding rest of ingredients
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Chop dates in food processor until fine (It’s important not to have chunks of dates)
- Add cashew butter, sunflower seeds and carrots in food processor ‐ chop fine;
- Stir in oats, rice bran, pumpkin seeds (Mixture should be sticky but able to form a ball)
- Line an 8 X 8 pan with parchment paper. I found it easier just to press mixture into pan versus trying to roll it out.
- Precut bars before baking.
- Bake at 325 for 20 minutes
Add 2 Tbsp carob or cocoa powder to mixture or other kind of nuts for variety. I sometimes add sesame seeds; currants, coconut flakes, even goji berries
I found that chopping the nuts/seeds/berries makes a smoother bar.
I sometimes add a protein powder to add to the mixture (1‐2 scoops) – RAW PROTEIN from Vitamin Cottage or Whole Foods.
Substitute fresh ground peanut butter or almond butter for the cashew butter.