Try this simple blended drink in addition to your breakfast to get several servings of veggies first thing in the morning, and to get your body craving more nutrient-dense food later in the day:
- 1 cup water (preferably filtered)
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup organic apple cider
- Two stalks of celery, cut in chunks your blender can handle
- One whole, unpeeled cucumber (cut in half or quarters)
- 1/2 of a lemon, rind and all
- Two leaves of organic kale
- Little nib of ginger (about the size of your pinkie fingertip)
Ideally the ingredients are all organic; if they’re not, wash them well before adding them to the blender. Blend to smoothie consistency, but still with some chewy bits. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy (to get the most nutrition and satisfaction, be sure to chew each sip before you swallow).
Article and recipe provided by Pilar Gerasimo from The Living Experiment
Thank you for hanging out on the website. I you the like the recipe please share with friends and leave any comments below.