SPORT-SPECIFIC FUEL IDEAS
A Run or Bike Ride (90 minutes or more)
- Preworkout: High-protein smoothie: Mix two scoops protein powder, 8 to 10 ounces water or milk, approximately 1 cup fruit, a handful of spinach, and 2 tablespoons nuts, seeds, nut butter, and half an avocado.
- Postworkout: Two to three hard-boiled eggs and a banana.
Sprints and High-Intensity Interval Training
- Preworkout: Two fist-size servings of greens and veggies, half an avocado, and one to one-and-a-half palm-size portions of protein (eggs, chicken, beef, fish, or beans). Add a fist-size piece of fruit for extra carbohydrates.
- Postworkout: One scoop of BCAAs or whey protein mixed in 8 ounces water. (Whole foods can be difficult to digest right after a HIIT workout, making liquid proteins a good option.)
Lower-Rep Strength Training (five to eight sets of five to eight reps)
- Preworkout: Grilled chicken breast with two fists of broccoli, or a high-protein smoothie as described above.
- Postworkout: 1 cup plain yogurt with 1 cup fruit and 2 tablespoons granola.
published by experiencelife.com
If you like this article be so kind to share with your friends. If you have any questions please leave a comment below.
Keep moving your body loves you for it!