- Romaine lettuce leaves, or any preferred lettuce
- 8 dried shiitake mushrooms
- 1½ lbs Ground Turkey (ground or cubed chicken works too!)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh minced ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 green onions, minced
- 2 small dried chilies (optional)
- 1 8 oz can bamboo shoots, drained and minced
- 1 8 oz can water chestnuts, drained and minced
- 1 package cellophane Chinese rice noodles, prepared according to package
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 2 tsp dry sherry
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids (soy sauce alternative)
- 2 tsp water
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 1 Tbsp Bragg’s Liquid Amino Acids (soy sauce alternative)
- 1 Tbsp dry sherry
- 2 Tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 Tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp cornstarch
Cover mushrooms with boiling water, let stand 30 minutes then drain. Cut and discard woody stems. Mince mushrooms. Set aside.
In medium bowl, mix marinade ingredients and meat. Coat meat thoroughly and let sit 15 minutes.
Mix all ingredients for cooking sauce in bowl, and set aside.
Heat wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Cook meat and for 4-6 minutes. Set aside.
Add 2 tbsp oil to pan. Add ginger, garlic, chilies (if desired), and onion; stir fry for 1 minute. Add mushrooms, bamboo shoots and water chestnuts; stir fry 2 additional minutes.
Add meat and cooking sauce to pan. Cook until thickened and hot.
Put both rice noodles and meat mixture into lettuce and eat!