- Spring Roll Skins
- 1 Cucumber
- 5 Celery stalks
- 5 Carrots
- 2 springs cilantro or mint
- 1 Avocado
- 4-8 oz Rice Noodles, cooked
- 1.5 lbs. Ground or Chopped Turkey, Chicken or Beef
- Mock Peanut Sauce (recipe below)
- Prepare mock Peanut Sauce recipe below
- Cut vegetables and Avocado into thin strips.
- Lightly steam rice noodles and set aside.
- Precook meat in sesame or coconut oil in a pan and season to taste.
- Heat about 1 inch of water in a pan on Low.
- Make Spring rolls one at a time.
- Set spring roll skin in the heated water until the skin becomes clear.
- Quickly pat the skin dry and add the ingredients.
- Repeat for all remaining spring rolls
- Pour peanut sauce over rolls at end.
Yields about 8 Spring Rolls.
Mock Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup Almond Butter (Alternative: Peanut Butter)
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 Tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Maple Syrup or Agave
- 2 tsp Tamari Soy Sauce or Bragg’s Amino Acid
- ¼ tsp Ground Fresh Ginger
- ½ tsp Minced Garlic
- Dash Cayenne to taste
- Dash Sea Salt to taste
- Blend all above ingredients.
- Refrigerate until ready to add to spring rolls.
You can use actual peanut butter in place of almond butter and add more to taste.